Unnamed Road, Tivoli, TX 77990
Guadalupe Delta WMA-Hynes Bay and Guadalupe River Units
In the late 70's the Guadalupe delta area was identified by the US Fish and Wildlife Service and Texas Parks and Wildlife as a wetlands area that needed to be preserved to protect the wildlife habitat.
Thanks for subscribing!
Oops! Something went wrong.
About the lease
According to information provided by Texas Parks & Wildlife, here is a list of the game available to hunt during the legally designated hunting season(s) in Texas.
- Special White-winged Dove days: Each day of Special White-winged Dove Days. Afternoon hunting only. Shooting hours are from noon to sunset.
- Regular Dove Season: Each day of South Zone Dove season. Hunting is permitted inside dove hunting areas only.
- Shooting hours end at noon.
- All waterfowl hunters must exit by noon.
- Hunting is allowed each day of the Early Teal, South Zone Duck, and Eastern Zone Goose seasons (including any Special Conservation season).
- (Hynes Bay Unit #724 only) Feb. 1-May 31.
- Shooting hours are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset.
- No baiting for hogs allowed.
- Shotguns with buckshot and archery equipment are the only legal means that may be used for feral hog hunts.
- Hunter orange must be worn while feral hog hunting.
- Bank fishing is permitted during daylight hours at sites on bayous and rivers accessible by boat.
- Shotguns with non-toxic shot are the only means that may be used or possessed during game bird hunts
- HUNT PARTY SIZE LIMITED TO 5 INDIVIDUALS.
- All persons using these units must read and obey all regulations posted at the information stations.
- Entrance on the property begins after 4:00 a.m.
- Scouting for waterfowl hunting may be conducted the day before the start of the teal season and each split of the duck season.
- Feral Hog hunters must exit 1 hour after sunset.
- Dove hunters and anglers must exit by ½ hour after sunset.
- Dove hunters are not required to park in designated parking areas but may not drive off or block designated gravel roads.
- Waterfowl hunters must park in the designated numbered parking area for the numbered hunting site used.
- All hunters must possess a current APH Permit.
- Anglers 17 years and older must possess a current APH or LPU Permit.
- See Prohibited Acts for further restrictions.
- The use of airboats within the WMA is prohibited.
- No open fires allowed.
- Anything damaging, defacing or covering numbered hunt site, parking or trail markers is prohibited.
- Hunting parties may access Townsend Bayou and Goose Roost Lake via boat but must walk to hunt areas in the Hynes Bay and Guadalupe River Units (Zone B) only - no boat access toponds containing designated hunt sites.
- Temporary closures may be made by the department if current conditions warrant and will be identified by signs and barricades.
- Please call 361-552-6637 for more information.